Pages

f

The year is nearing to end, and I haven't even posted something useful recently. Yikes! But today, I'm here with another product review that I'm sure many of us will love. You ask, why? Then read on.


Detail Makeover is a Philippine local cosmetics brand, and ICYMI, I also made a review of their Contour & Blush Palette 4-in-1 which I purchased a year ago from BeautyMNL. I didn't really care about their other products until I found out recently that they were on a buy-1-take- sale. I mean, how bargained is that, right? So I immediately decided to buy their eyeshadow palette which you can purchase for P700 but since they were on sale, you'd already get two palettes for the price of one. As I was just about to visit their kiosk, it just happened that I received their Autumn Eyeshadow Palette for free (huge thanks to the good people from Detail). The moment I laid my eyes on the palette, I felt so happy and couldn't wait to post this review. Haha!



The palette is no different from what you'll see in their promotional photos. It has an OK packaging with a mirror which is helpful if you're traveling, and bright colors which I love. However, the funny thing I noticed about the product is how they named it the "autumn" palette considering that it's a local brand and since we are a tropical country, we only have two seasons here excluding fall. I just think they could have named it the summer palette or come up with something better LOL. Anyway, let's talk about the real deal here, are the shadows good?


It has been really difficult for me to find a palette which has an orange shade here in my country, and to my surprise, this palette gives me the exact orange tone that I adore. I just wish they also included a red one because I think they'd be a good combination. Perhaps they didn't do it since this was designed for an autumn look. Still, I like how it contains both mattes and shimmers so you can really play with the shades. 





The swatches are seamlessly creamy. However, I've noticed that some shades don't glide as pigmented as the others. Among these are the Aster, Amber, Saga, Sawyer, and Knox. To be fair, they are still creamy and have good pigmentation, but it feels as though they have quite different textures than the rest of the shades. Another thing I noticed is it isn't waterproof. When I washed it with water, it easily came off without a residue unlike that of my Sleek palette. So if you have oily lids, you may want to put a primer first as it might wear off eventually. As per my experience, it stayed for 8 hours  long just fine with only concealer underneath though my lids aren't oily. On a positive note, what I love about it is it barely has fallouts. Once applied on the lid, it stays there for a reasonable amount of time.


Foundation: Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Foundation in shade 210
Brows: LA Girl Gel Liner in Brown shade
Eyeliner: Maybelline Hyperink Liner
Contour and Blush: Detail 4-in-1 Contour + Blush Palette
 Highlighter: Sleek Cleopatra's Kiss Highlighting Palette in shade Sphinx
Concealer: ELF Studio Maximum Coverage Concealer
Lipstick: Detail Matte Lipstick in shade Loth
Lashes: ELF Studio Flirty Lash Look

This is how it looks like when worn. It provides a fabulous look that is perfect for day and night wear. In this look, I used Paisley for the base, Harkin for the crease, and Apple and Rye for the inner area. They blended really smoothly and easily so I highly recommend this palette for beginners.



VERDICT:

PROS:
  • Affordable (P700 is the original price but always look out for their sale promos)
  • Creamy
  • Easily blends
  • Good pigmentation
  • Great tones
CONS:
  • May wear off easily if you have oily lids
  • Some shades don't glide as pigmented as the others
  • Can make improvements on the packaging
RATING: 4.5 OUT OF 5 - I love this palette! Detail Makeover is a really promising brand, and I hope they create new ones with a wider range of shades.

WHERE TO BUY? Detail Makeover has several mall outlets in and outside Metro Manila including Farmer's Plaza, Gateway Mall, Victory Mall, Robinsons Department Store Antipolo, Starmall Alabang, Robinsons Ermita Manila, Robinsons Galleria, Robinsons Las Piñas, Robinsons Metro East, Ayala Mall South Park, Robinsons Starmills Pampanga, Metro Gaisano, Alabang Metro, Market Market, UP Town Center, among others.

You may also order from their website www.cosmetix.ph or their Shopee account: @detailmakeover. Happy hauling!

Disclaimer: I got this product  free of cost but all opinions are my own.

Lyka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram